- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US
- Each year 44,193 Americans die by suicide
- The annual age-adjusted suicide rate is 13.26 per 100,000 individuals.
- On average, there are 121 suicides per day.
- Men die by suicide 3.5x more often than women.
- White males accounted for 7 of 10 suicides in 2015.
The rate of suicide is highest in middle age — white men in particular.
Next time someone is mourning the death of someone who has taken their own life, take a moment to think about the people they left behind and how difficult that decision may have been on them, right before they killed themselves.
Many times a person does not want to die, they simply do not know how to cope with life and do not know how to reach out for help. Please don’t be rude to the ones mourning. Don’t judge and try to be kind.
*If you or someone you know is struggling with suicide, please reach out to someone. Not everyone is judgmental. Many of us truly care and want to help.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Love & Peace,