I saw this book tag on B.G.’s page Getting Through Anxiety. It seemed fun so I went ahead and participated!
1. Mama, just killed a man – A fictional character’s death that really upset you?
Dawesone Cole from Nicholas Sparks’ novel: The best of Me. I was so heart broken by the ending of this book! 😢
2. Carry on, carry on – Pick a book that was hard to keep reading but was worth it in the end?
Hmmm….I can’t recall.
3. Sends shivers down my spine – pick a book with a beautiful spine/cover?
Memoirs of a Geisha has a pretty cover.
I couldn’t get through ‘A Song I knew by Heart’ by Bert Lott. It just dragged on and I found it boring after a while.
5. Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening – which book did you find very, very frightening?
I’m not into reading horror or suspenseful books, but few a months back I read ‘Lost Girls’ by Robert Kolker. It’s an actual unsolved American mystery. It was frightening to know that I was reading about real women, mothers, daughters, friends, who vanished and were found dead and dismembered, while the killer is still out on the lose!
6. Bismillah, no! We will not let you go – which book/series do you wish there had been more of?
I really enjoyed ‘The Help’. It would be great if they made a 2nd book showing us how life is going for Skeeter out in New York, after her book ‘The Help’ made it big in Mississippi. I also want to know what Aibileen went on to do and if she ever became a famous writer!
7. Mamma mia, mamma mia – which book/series should be made into a musical?
As a romantic comedy musical, it would be fun to see ‘When in Doubt, Add Butter’, by Berth Harbison.
As a suspenseful, riveting musical, I’d like to see ‘Lord of the Flies’, by William Golding.
8. The head banging bit – Which book made you face-palm?
‘The Red Badge of Courage’, by Stephen Crane. I had to read this book many years ago in English AP class and I found it incredibly boring! 😐. Now as an adult, I wouldn’t mind giving it another go.
9. Oh baby, can’t do this to me, baby – pick a moment from a book where you felt like the author was being mean to you?
Towards the end of ‘A Walk to Remember’, by Nicholas Sparks. How dare he take away such a great, beautiful and humble character! He tore my heart right out 😭.
10. Nothing really matters to me – which character/s did you not care about?
In ‘The Help’ I did not like Hilly Holdbrook! She was just mean and nasty! I could have done without her racist attitude (although the story takes place in 1962 and racism was a huge issue) her character was just outright mean!
If anyone wants to participate, please feel free! ☺️